cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 5200 Pixma Printer Scanner set up on Computer without CD - how to?

arun_veer
Apprentice
I have a Canon MG 5200 printer, and am happy with it. I had to get a new computer, cannot find the CD. I downloaded the two drivers from the Canon website, and am now able to print wirelessly. I tried to scan a document, and get a message "Set the PC to start scanning". I do not see the MP Navigator EX application in the drivers I installed - is that what I am missing? Under Canon U Network Utilities, there is one sub tab, Canon U Network Scan Utility, but does not open up. I do not see any more drivers under the MG 5200 on the Canon web site. Any suggestions? Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi, arun_veer!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Yes, definitely try downloading the MP Navigator EX software under the 'Software' tab on the website and you should be good to go. If the issue persists, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Jason:

Thank you for your reply to my question.

Any chance you can provide a link? I cannot readily see the software tab on the Canon USA website.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The MP Navigator needs to be installed in order to scan.  Visit www.usa.canon.com and search for the MG5220 to access the software downloads for the product.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael:

Thank you - Duh - I was not looking at the Software Tab, found it. I will install the MP Navigaor and go from there.

arun_veer
Apprentice
Thank you for your advice - I downloaded the MP Navigator, and can now scan documents.
Announcements