cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 3222 grays out option to print double-sided

JamieP
Apprentice

Hi

I have an iMac and MacAir. The print double-sided option is grayed out on both computers. I can't find a solution. Help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi JamieP,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what version of Mac OS X is on your iMac and MacBook Air.  You can find this information by going to your APPLE MENU and selecting ABOUT THIS MAC.

We look forward to hearing from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My Mac Air is an OS X 10.9.5 with 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 

Hi JamieP,

On your Mac, please go to System Preferences, then Print and Scan.  Click on the minus button to remove the current listing for your printer.  Next, on the left side there will be an option to add a printer; click on the + button.  Select your printer and under "Use" select the listing for your printer that is not related to AirPrint.  Once this has been done, please try to select the duplex printing option again.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, Iʻm having the same issue with my MacBook Air running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 and my Canon Pixma MG 3022. I tried removing and adding the printer, but under "Use" there wasnʻt even an "Airprint" option. The printer shows up as "Canon MG3000 series" and Kind is "Bonjour Multifunction". Under "Use" it only has "Canon MG3000 series" available as an option. Please advise. Perhaps it is not possible for double sided printing with this model? Mahalo.

Hi lyzzkamaile,

2 sided printing is not supported with the PIXMA MG3022, that is why this option is not available in the print settings window.

Announcements