cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG 2520 - Scanner Black line Image

MyMG2520
Apprentice

Hello to all Canon friends,

I have an issue with my Canon MG 2520. I black strip/line is appearing when I scan a document. 

I have attached an image so you can see better.

I have searched many post similar to this issue but none have worked to find the solution.

(Cleaning/Hard Reset)

Thank you beforehand for your help and time in helping me resolve this issue.

Scanned Image with Black line

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hello,

Do you experience the same issue when making a photocopy directly from the unit as well as when trying to scan?

Should you need more immediate assistance, please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, the line appears on both whenphotocopy and scan.

What can I do to fix it?

Hi MyMG2520,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello I have the same issue , When printing everything is fine but when scanning or photocoping I get a thick solid black line approx 1/2 inch down the side of the doc . I have cleaned , I have factory reset , I have updated firmware , but still the same . you can see the black line on the scan preview and it doesn't matter if you move the paper to a different spot on the scanning bed or it you completly cover the scan bed with multipul sheets of paper . the settings are set to A4 for an A4 sheet , I can send you a photo of the printer preview lcd screen with line on it , if you need it . ty 

Announcements