cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF8380C Printer

allprosupport
Apprentice

What can I do to stop the squeaking on my Canon MF8380C multifunction printer?  Can I spray something with a dry lubricant?

Cathy

6 REPLIES 6

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi Cathy,

I'm sorry to hear about the noise occurring with your laser product.  No, it is not recommended to use any type of lubricant on or in your laser machine. 

Generally speaking, if the noise occurs when your unit is printing or copying, paper within specification is being used, Canon original cartridges are installed and quality prints are being made, it can sometimes be the sound of the toner cartridges rotating as the print is being made.  This is usually not a cause for concern.  If using accessories other than noted, try swapping them out to isolate the cause.

However, if your prints are being affected, the noise is coming from another area (Ex: Automatic Document Feeder as it feeds paper), the noise is of an uncomfortable level, or you are unsure of where the noise is coming from, it is recommended to contact us for further troubleshooting and determination if service may be required.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TNScott
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with totally unreasonable noises from my new Canon MFC8380.  Every page and then as it cycles up and down.  It's crazy loud, so lound I can't work on the phone with clients when anything prints.  Is there a fix or do I just need to take this back for a refund?

Scott

Hi TNScott,

Please feel free to Contact Us so that we may offer further technical assistance. 

However, if the noise is of an uncomfortable level, it is recommended to power "Off" your laser product and have a Canon Authorized Service Facility (ASF) review your laser product for proper determination.  Your complete warranty options will also be provided when contacting our representatives.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cbrouwer
Apprentice

My canon 8380 multifunction printer has started to print blurry print - on closer observation you can see that it is printing double making the print look bllurry, almost like it prints and prints again over it (but it is not doing that) Help, I am at my wits end with this thing - changed the cartridges. No help

Hi cbrouwer.

I will be glad to assist you.  Please follow the steps below to perform a gradation adjustment:

1. Press [  ] (Menu).

2. Press [  ] or [  ] to select <Adjustment/Maintenance>, and then press [OK].

3. Select <Auto Gradation Adjustment> with [  ] or [  ], and then press [OK].

4. Select <Quick Adjustment> with [  ] or [  ], and then press [OK].

5. Press [OK].

Quick adjustment starts.

6. When the correction is complete, the screen of Step 4 reappears. Press [  ] (Menu), and then close the menu screen.

If you experience the same error, I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-266).  A telephone support representative will be able to provide further troubleshooting and determine if the machine will need servicing.

Needanewprinter
Apprentice

Having the same issues as the original post.  Really disheartened to see the original post and reply was turned into a "Problem Solved" without explaining what transpired - how it was fixed etc.

Rather than simply being told to take it to a repair center on the unit out of warranty is completely nuts when you look at the price they charge for performing any diagnostics much less any repair and that excludes the price if you have to ship it.

I was able to solve my problem ..  I bought a competitors reliable printer and donated this one 1.5 years old to the trash pile.

Will never buy another Canon product for our offices.   Very disappointing and it should be noted this thing was extremely slow and frankly problematic with poor print quality from the day it was purchased by because it was not a primary office printer needed for high quality images and reports it wasn't a primary concern. 

Looking at the Internet the noises are not an uncommon issue.  If you hear something that sounds like a Cow giving birth that would be your Canon printer malfunctioning.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements