cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF4150 vertical line beginning to show on left margin

BradS
Apprentice

Hi, I've had a Canon MF4150 for several years now and I was wondering if anyone can advise me on an issue that I have come across recently.  Within the past week or so, the printer has been printing a faint vertical line along the left hand margin of all pages printed.  This line is about 1 cm thick.  It started out thinner than that but began to get larger and more noticeable on printouts.  Is there any way to manually fix this?  I noticed that there is a segment of black on the drum roll just looking at it so it could be picking up toner when it's not supposed to in that area (where it is usually white space on paper).

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi BradS.

Since there is toner building up on the toner cartridge, it is possible that the toner cartridge is releasing more toner than needed. I recommend replacing the toner with the Canon Cartridge 104.  To view more information about the toner, please click the link below:

Canon Cartridge 104

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-652-2666 (1-800-OK-CANON).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements