06-03-2016 01:31 PM
Canon Image Class MF 6540 printing but the MFToolbox is unable to scan. Message coming as not connected. Reinstalled the driver still nor scanning. My operating system is Windows 10 with 64 bit.
06-06-2016 04:29 PM
I will be glad to assist you.
Changing a setting in the Windows 10 operating system may restore the scanning function. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Right-click the Windows Start button, and then select [Run]. You can also hold down the Windows key on the keyboard, and then press the 'R' key.
2. Enter "services.msc", without the quotation marks.
3. Scroll down and look for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
4. Right-click on the WIA option, and then select [Properties].
5. Select the [Log On] tab.
6. Click the radio button for "Local System Account".
7. Check the box for "Allow service to interact with desktop".
8. Click [OK].
9. Restart the computer.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).