cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IJ Scan Utility broken!

romil01
Enthusiast

My MX922 is Wifi set up with my older iMac OS 10.11.6.  Canon IJ Scan Utility Version 1.1.1,  Canon IJ Network Tool (Driver) Version 4.7.2.  When I use the Canon IJ Scan Utility, it completes the scan and prompts me to "Exit" or continue to "Scan".  Neither button works and I have to force quit the Utility, losing the scanned document.  The Utility has worked well until now, for many years.   For example, the "Exit" button after several minutes will eventually flash blue but does nothing.  The dialogue window goes gray, and returns to normal view.  Still no response. The Scan button will eventuallhy do the same. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 12.14.00 PM.png

I've done the usual simple fixes to quit and restart the Utility, shut down the computer, etc.  Nothing works.  I reinstalled the Driver and Network Tool so i believe they are both the most recent versions.  Cannon Support refers me to their paid service or here.  Can someone please help!  Thank you in advance for taking the time to try.  Rod

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi romilo1. Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure there have been no changes to the computer. New software, updates, etc.?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe Canon charges for support, so I would be cautious about going to a site that charges.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify this.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John.  After checking the Knowledge Base on the Cannon Support website, I sent them an email.  They responded:

Thank you for providing your feedback to Canon. Out of warranty support is available for your product.  Please consider the following support options:

1. Canon Account: An option for Phone Support is available for a fee of $19.99
  2. Canon Community Forum: https://community.usa.canon.com/
  3. Canon Knowledge Base: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=home
  4. Canon Upgrade Program: 866-443-8002

As you know, there are frequent OS updates for Apple products but not for older systems such as El Capitan, the latest OS compatible with my iMac.  The last OS updat was July, 2018 and the Utiliy worked fine until just recently.  It's not the printer or scanner.  I can scan a document manually using the printer keypad, just not the Utility.

It's frustrating so I hope someone can help me figure this out.  Again, thank you for taking the time to reply,

Rod

Minneapolis 

Good to know.  Thank you for following up.

I know some folks on this site have reported getting to third party support sites that charge high prices.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Is there a Moderator who can help?

For those following this thread, I discovered a software compatability problem between the iMac OS and Canon driver and utility software.  When I loaded the driver and utility on my Macbook Pro (Catalina 10.15.6), everything worked perfectly.  So the broken link is between my old iMac OS (El Capitan 10.11.6) and the latest Canon driver software update.  

Announcements