cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite "not enough memory"

makers78
Apprentice

I purchased a TR8520 recently, I have had a MX882 for a long time but when I upgraded my Mac to Mojave it no longer worked with any drivers for it.  After installing the latest software I scanned a couple of times but now whenever I launch Canon Quick Menu and try to scan I get an error message that says:

There is not enough memory.  Exit other

applications to increase available memory.

Code:14,152,2

Activity Monitor shows I am using ~10GB out of 16G of physicaly memory.

Running top in a Terminal window shows "PhysMem: 13G used (1931M wired), 2872M unused."

I can't understand how a scanning application could require >2GB of memory.  I tried removing the software and preferences files and reinstalling.  I am getting the same results.  This was working before and suddenly it is not.  What is wrong?

I have an iMac --  21.5" 2012m 16GB memory, macOS 10.14.2.

4 REPLIES 4

makers78
Apprentice

I tried using my wife's macbook pro, 2015 w/ 16G memory and macOS 10.13.3 and it had the same issue.  It worked once, I had to modify the scan settings to manual duplex, and then it wouldn't open and complained about not enough memory.  There is enough memory.

From your intial description, it does sound like a software issue.  Since you have tried on two machines, I'd call canon support.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi makers78,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

BestPersonUKnow
Apprentice

Started getting the insufficient memory message after updating to iOS Big Sur.  Removed Canon App from my machine and did a reinstall with software from the following Canon page:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=FAQ100584

WORKS LIKE A CHAMP NOW!

Good luck, and let's be careful out there!

Announcements