cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IJ Preview disable

rcoups
Apprentice

I use an MG5500 series printer. Have been using it for years.  Somehow I recently started to get the Canon IJ Preview software popping up every time I print something.  This is just an added, unecessary step in the printing process that I don't want or need.  How can I get rid of it ?  Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Ramona
Authority

Hi rcoups,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello I have windows 10. I've tried uninstalling this seeral times but it still pops up. The  uninstaller program shows it as a (Rundll32.exe) program. All this program does is mess up my print job. It has never been correct on the format and layout and even when you choose the correct option it wont work. My best solution is to disable and uninstall this unecessary program. How do I do that If it wont erase?

nickport
Apprentice

I want to disable Canon IJ Preview when trying to print also - see original comment from "rcoups"  - same situation with my computer.  My operating system is Win 7.  

Hello.

Try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. Close all programs that are open.

2. Click Start and open the Control Panel.

3. Open Printers or Devices and Printers.

4. Right-click the icon for the printer and choose Preferences or Printing Preferences.

5. In the Main tab, click the 'Defaults' button at the bottom.

6. Repeat this for each tab in the Preferences menu.

7. Click Apply and OK.

Once this has been done, try printing to test the adjustment.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried to reset all printer defaults through Control Panel as instructed, but no luck - the Canon IJ Preview still popped up.   But I tried a second time, going through Microsoft Office Picture Manager (which I'm printing from), and went to "Print", then  "Options",  then "Printer Properties", and selected "Defaults" for all the tabs, and that worked.  I'm now back to printing without the Canon IJ Preview showing up.

Thanks much for the assistance!

we have tried all the steps outlined above.

we still cannot print or get rid of the preview mode.

we are using windows and this is a sudden occurrence.

ppl using apple os do not have problems printing with this printer.

what else can we try. 

Hi emmeik53,

So we can best assist you, we would need some more information to help narrow down this issue.

1. What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
  2. Are you using a MG5520?
  3. Do you have the  MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 or the XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 installed?

We look forward to your reply.

Hi, we have same problem and the steps above didn't fix it, the same error keeps happening.

Can you help please?

We have:

- Windows 7 Home Premium operating system

- Canon MX510 printer

- Drivers installed:  Canon MX510 series fax, Canon MX510 series printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer

Please help with simple steps to fix the problem as we are not very techy.

thanks

Jqcrn
Apprentice

I need to disable the Canon IJ preview because it has started dropping text from my print job.  I have followed your instructions given in this topic , clicked through to default out of "preview before printing" but still get the extra preview page entitled Canon IJ preview page, dropping text from my previous print preview page.  I have a Canon MG6600 series Printer XPS used on Windows 10.  Help please.

Announcements