cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G3200 not printing Black ink

John8
Apprentice

My G3200 printer cannot print only black ink. It is almost full, and I cannot find "Menu" bottun or similar on it. Do you guys experience the same issue and know any solution? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

BillS
Mentor

Hi John8,

I'm afraid that this model is not able to isolate the black ink for black-only printing, although the black ink would automatically be used for printing black text.  Color ink may be used when grayscale printing is selected.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CaptJon
Apprentice

Hi there,

I am having a similar problem.  My G3200 is printing black, however there are some areas where the pirnter head doesn't print entirely with black.  In other words, it is streaky. 

Here is what I've accomplished:

I have performed the cleaning function of the heads multiple times.

I have performed the deep cleaning function of the heard multiple times. 

I have performed the system cleaning multiple times.

I have performed a print head alignment (to see if the printer head was "off" slightly).

After each function I have printed a nozzle check test pattern.  All the color bars are printing properly except black.  On the black test pattern that looks like a grid pattern the same exact boxes are always blank.  In other words, when I look at each test pattern that I've printed after each cleaning function and compare the test patterns it is always missing printing on the same exact squares.  

To me this seems almost like a software problem.  

I have had this printer since 2017 and have had many of the heads clog and performed the cleaning function(s), somtimes multiple times, and I've always been able to correct the problem(s).  I have also had the ink absorbtion pads serviced and replaced.  I would like to continue to use this printer, but I am unable to use it to print graphics properly with the problem that I am having.  I can still print text just fine, it is only when there is a large area of black that I see a slight line of missing ink.

If I could attach some photos of the problem, I would so that people could understand this better.

I consider myself an expert computer user and can usually correct things by myself, for this I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Same issue here.  Just filled the black in tank.  Same troubleshooting.  No black in.

Nozzel check pattern test shows C-C-M-M-Y-Y but no B for black.  Prints colors but nothing in black ink at all.

I tried a deep cleaning then printed off another test page... and repeated that 2 times until now I have a test page with some black on it.  Nozzle must have been stuck.

Wow same here.

My G3200 the black is off and it crunches  in printing skipping lines.  I have head cleaned and deep cleaned which has always worked in the past, but not now.. How do you system clean?

Screenshot from 2022-02-10 09-24-32.png

This screenshot shows firefox on the printer's local homepage... Once you've set that up, under Utilities, then Deep Cleaning and reprint test page.  Issue occurred again after a year of not using the printer.  I had to google the problem again and then found out that I solved it this way on this site!

Announcements