cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G3200 error 5b00

LanceMatthew
Apprentice

Because i cannot get an answer in the other threads about this, i am making my own. I now have an error code 5B00 from trying to do a 2nd deep cleaning on my printer. The red was not going through. For every other G type printer, you can put these printers into service mode and then clearn the waste ink code out. For some reason, the G3200 does not have that function? I can get it into service mode and then that is it. It will not let me select anything after that.

Has anyone found a work around for this? Due to this was a very expensive printer, i was hoping it would last longer than what it has.  Hoping that its something i can do myself.

Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LanceMatthew,

The 5B00 error is an indication that your G3200 would require service.  To obtain your service options, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is the standard boiler plate response Canon gives you when you contact support. However, after calling support, they informed me that they no longer service inexpensive printers and could only offer a 10% discount and free shipping on a new one.  According to support, there is no consumer option to reset the waste ink counter and I should throw the printer out.  Are you kidding me???  What a waste of a perfectly serviceable printer, not to mention how environmentally insensitive this solution is!  Locking the consumer out with a 5b00 error code is simply Canon's way of selling you a new printer.  Fixed obsolescence.  Should be against the law.  Maybe a call to the Consumer Protection Agency would end this practice.

mfstutz
Contributor

Canon G series reset page counter for ink absorber full (error 5B00)
Don't pay for a WIC program key.
This is FREE using just the printer's buttons.

Worked on my Canon G3200

(Enter Service Mode)
-- Turn Printer Off
-- Press and HOLD the Stop button (red Triangle - keep holding until release *)
-- Press and HOLD Power button (keep holding until release **)
-*- Release the Stop Button
-- Press the stop button 5 times
-**- Release the Power button

(Waste ink tank reset)
-- While in service mode
-- Press the Stop button 5 times
-- Press the Power Button once
-- -- wait -- for it to reset followed by a single page to run through the printer --
-- Press the Stop button 3 times
-- Press the Power Button once
-- -- wait -- for it to reset followed by a single page to run through the printer --
-- Turn off the printer
-- Turn the printer back on & the 5B00 code should be cleared

(Ink filling)(air bubbles in pipes)
-- Turn on the printer (normal startup)
-- Press and hold the stop button for about 5 seconds: watch for 5 flashes and then release
-- -- the printer will run through an extended cycle, use a lot of ink & dump a lot into the waste ink tank

Credit where credit is due to Reddit user Deadtobealive: https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comments/e5mwb0/canon_g_series_reset_page_counter_for_ink/

Didn't work for me.  I could get it into service mode, but the next sequence did not reset the counter.  After spending countless hours on the internet, I found a guy in Vietnam (of all places) who sold me a $9 program and key to reset the WIC.  Scared as I was to download a link from a foreign country, I held my breath a did it using PayPal.  It worked and I had no repercussions on my computer.  Why can't Canon offer this same service??

Announcements