Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Canon Fine Art Bright White print side

I just got a box of Canon Fine Art Bright White 230gsm paper, and for the life of me I cannot tell which side to print on.  Both sides appear to me to be the same as far as color, brightness, and texture. I have tried several suggestions such as using a wet finger to test stickness of each side and marking each side with a magic marker, but there doesn't seem to be any difference that I can detect.

Is there a way to tell by the way it is packaged in the box?  The paper is cellophane wrapped with a piece of cardboard enclosed in the wrapping, which is facing the top of the box. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Canon Fine Art Bright White print side

Hello.

That particular media may be coated to print on both sides.  To make sure before printing, please contact our support group at 1-800-652-2666.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: Canon Fine Art Bright White print side

The person I spoke with at Canon did not know if the paper was coated on both sides, but he said that Canon paper is normally boxed with the priint side up.   So I will use the paper that way, and see how it turns out.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.