cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Scan Without Ink

thailen
Contributor

I'm trying to get help for my PIXMA All-inb-one printer. First, I tried calling these 800 numbers: 800-652-2666;888-604-[remainder of phone number removed per forum guidelines], 800-436-[removed] and 800-243-[removed]. I either get a recording that We'r closed, go to our we site aor I get a disconnect.

Here is what I need help with: My printer worked fine until I returned after a 5-month absence. I tried printing a document, which printe4d very light grey, instead of black. Next, I trie following the o;n-line instructions to scan, but I couldn't follow their Windows 10 opening Smart instructions. Even if ink is dry or almost ;empty,k that shouldn't affect she scanninjg operation, should it?

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Thailen,

Welcome to the Canon forum! The correct number to reach our printer support team is 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm ET.  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model equipment you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

You can also CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

ejji
Apprentice

when canon preview window appears select high resolution

Danny

Thanks for being active in our community! We're happy to share that it's possible to scan with an empty ink tank or cartridge. To start scanning, follow the instructions at this link.

Announcements