cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon B200 code error

JackBquick
Apprentice

I have gotten the B200 error msg, many times, cleared it only have it return later again and again.

I use the same procedure shut off, pull power, remove cartridges, reinstall usually corrects

the problem but recurring at a later date.  

I believe now that Canon has placed a limit usage device calling for service at a limited 

time or after a number of prints have been reached. Or, time to buy a new printer with new

and more expensive cartridges.  My printer works perfectly with no printing problems whatsoever,

after 5 years service it started to flash the B200 code and continues to do so every few weeks.

The MX922 has been a good printer all in all but should last longer, if I need to get a new one

I will look for other than Canon. Frustrating at best!  

Hope this helps someone.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Print heads have a useable llfe.

A B200 error usually means it has a voltage or temperature issue.  Over time its ability to deliver a high volume of prints consistently and accurately can diminish.  A print head is a "wear and tear" part.  Put in perspective, tires on a car wear down too and eventually have to be replaced.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick, appreciate any input that may help.  My usage avereage is less than10 prints a month.

If not using I run a print a week to keep the cartridges clear.  

Announcements