cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon All In One Printing in an Unstable Manner

Margaret444
Apprentice

Hello. I have a Canon All-in-One Inkjet Printer- Model MG 2220. I have the following problems when I use its printer or copy function:

1)A fine horizontal white line can be seen through some of the printed lines in the document.

2)Some of the letters don't line up properly. For example, the bottom half part of the left vertical line of the letter M is slightly to the right of the top half part of the same letter M.

What could be causing these problems and what do I do about them? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A picture or image of the actual output would help us better identify your issue.

However, you can start with head cleaning and nozzle check print, follow this with a print head alighnment.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Margaret444,

Based on your description of the issue, it would appear as though the encoder would require cleaning.

Please follow the steps in the following Knowledgebase Article for clean the enoder of your PIXMA MG2220:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART135055

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements