cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 8600F and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4

DEarle1949
Contributor

I am wondering if my scanner is incompatible with my computer operating system or if there is a software/driver update I need to install.  Using the CanoScan 5.0 software the scanner will scan one photo, on attempting second scan it hangs, requiring a force quit.  

Is there anything I can do besides getting a new scanner?

Thanks,

Doug Earle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The 8600F does not appear to be compatible with the 10.12 operating system.

For more information or any possible options, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The 8600F does not appear to be compatible with the 10.12 operating system.

For more information or any possible options, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

while this got me started in finding the answer, it didn't answer the question. But better than nothing, I guess.

Problem has been resolved after emailing Customer Support, being referred to a 3rd party vendor for a program and having email conversations with them.  finally resolved.

Please advise the contact info for the third party as I have the same issue. I have a MacBook that I would like to use with the 8800F (still works great)

Thanx

This guy has a program called VueScan that works great. There's a free trial that produces watermarked images. Pay for it and ittheres no watermarks. Actual cost is $75.00 as I recall. Far cheaper than a new scanner.   

https://www.hamrick.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=VueScan&utm_campaign=cpc&utm_sour...

I'm still having trouble.  I downloaded and installed VueScan.  After first trying the 64 bit version, I went back and downloaded the 32 bit version.  Now, when I try and scan something, I first start by waiting for a minute or more while I cycle through something called lamp warmup.  It eventually it scans documents OK.  But, when I try to scan slide (the whole reason I use this scanner) I get garbage.  I can't seem to figure out the appropriate settings to use.  I just end up with a bunch of unrelated colored pixels.  It looks like a TV screen gone bad.  

I'd really like to the the attachment that came with the scanner for doing 4 slides at a time.  It worked perfectly with an old Windows machine.  How do I make this work with an iMAC?  I'm running High Sierra.

Jamie

I haven't had any problems. I contacted VueScan, and he pointed me to an older driver to download instead of the most current, and after that I had no problems.  I got a very quick response, so you might try contacting VueScan.

Dustycat
Apprentice

How do I make the Canoscan 8000F compatible with MacOSHighSierra?

Download VueScan from hamrick.com.  When you do email them and ask for specific instructions as to the version and driver you will need.  DO NOT TRY TO USE THE LATEST VERSION OF VUESCAN.  You need to use a slightly older version and have the proper driver for the scanner downloaded from Canon.

I finally got mine to work, didn't use it for a long time, made the mistake of upgrading to the latest version, and everything crashed.  Then remembered that I needed an older version to make it compatible.  Went back, reinstalled the drivers and older version, and all works fine.

Doug

bmwjohnno
Apprentice

Hi Guys, The software suggested is over $75 for AUD. I used Parallels and installed XP as well as the original software for the Canon 8600F. It runs beautifully through ACDeeSee for Pentax (free software with my camera). 10 times faster than Vuescan and saves to my Mac as well (through XP Windows Explorer). XP can be obtained from many sources. I haven't tried installing on Win8 (Parallels again) but it might work.

Announcements