cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot scan on PIXMA MX920

imbogus
Apprentice

I can print to my MX 920, but I cannot scan to it.  When I open my printers and scanners in settings, the only scanner that shows up is my Canon MX870.  When I click on add, only the printer shows up.  Why can I not scan to this printer?

3 REPLIES 3

hVYTOYS
Contributor

the printer has scanner drivers as well as the printer drivers that need installed.  if you have the install cd it is part of the process. 

we have a lot of canon install cd's and possibly this one too if you needed to contact us look for Hvytoys on the internet and if you find something about someone who works with printers, you found us. 

otherwise, re download your drivers from the internet and then run the install file, plug the printer in when told and you should be okay.

oh, i'd unplug the other printer while doing this, just to make it easeir for you.

hVYTOYS
Contributor

forgot to mention, if it is a physical problem with the scanner, like it was knocked out of it's track, etc...  refer to your service manual for that model printer for instructions on how to fix it.  they're pretty easy if you look at one. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@imbogus,

Greetings,

I can tell from your post you are using a MAC.

Have you recently updated to 10.15 Catalina?

Either way, visit this page and grab the correct Scanner Specific Driver for your OS

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements