cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot scan back to my MacBook (Pixma MG6821)

nickbigd
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6821 printer for about a month.  I have managed to set the printer and my MacBook (OS Sierra) so that I can print wirelessly to the printer.  But I cannot figure out how to scan from the MG6821 back to my MacBook.  I place the document on the printer screen, and am provided two options to "Select save location": PC or Attach to E-mail.  When I touch PC, the printer shows a message saying "Select PC" and below that "Local (USB)".  I hit "Search Again" but the printer never shows the MacBook as an option for saving the scan.  I don't understand how it can be connected for wireless printing but not recognize the same MacBook for scanning?  Please help.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hi nickbigd!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help! 

You'll want to ensure you have the Canon software installed on your comupter so that seamless operation will occur. The most recent versions of our software can be found by clicking HERE.

Once you have the Canon software installed, if you're still having issues, you'll want to reach out to our US-based team for one-on-one troubleshooting. They're available at http://Canon.us/ContactCF

We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi nickbigd!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help! 

You'll want to ensure you have the Canon software installed on your comupter so that seamless operation will occur. The most recent versions of our software can be found by clicking HERE.

Once you have the Canon software installed, if you're still having issues, you'll want to reach out to our US-based team for one-on-one troubleshooting. They're available at http://Canon.us/ContactCF

We hope this helps!

That did the trick.  Thanks

I downloaded from the link and I'm still having the same problem.

Hi jscally502,

What version of Mac OS are your using?

We look forward to your reply.

If you would like to speak with real time chat support, please click HERE and in the chat window ask for a live agent. Chat support is available  Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

I have up loaded the drivers and it still will not let me access my MAC I am on Mojave Version 10.14.6.

Hi jscally502,

Did you install the printer driver and the scanner driver?

Did you also install the IJ Scan Utility?

If you have all of those installed, please open your Applications folder and then open the Canon Utilities folder.  The IJ Scan Utility will be located there.  Please open that application.

Once that is open, please click the PHOTO button.

Are you able to scan?  If not, what is the exact wording of the error that you get?

Are you using your PIXMA MG6821 wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements