cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print on US postcards - TS5320

JSardina
Apprentice

Just bought a TS5320 printer. Cannot get it to print on a standard US postcard, or a 3.5in. wide envelope. In both cases it says the wrong paper loaded. It always defaults to auto no mater what paper size and type I select in the printer setting using Mac OS on an iMac desktop. Followed instructions on line but alway gives me support code 2114. 

How do I print postcards?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was eventually able to connect with customer support and resolve. For anyone interested it printing to a standard postcard that one buys from the US Postal Service, you cannot at the default TS5320 settings. If like me you have trouble finding the disable setting: * Turn the printer on; hit 'OK' -> Menu

* Scroll down to 'Feed Settings'; hit 'OK' 

* Scroll down to 'Detect Paper Settings Mismatch'; hit 'OK' (you might be able to change the rear tray paper type via the 'Feed' menu but I didn't find 1 that worked)

* Select 'Disable'; hit 'OK'

* Use the back arrow to return to main menu. (You may need to delete your print queue prior to try again).

And FYI re: the linked "2114 Error" page: 

Says you can select 'Print on set paper' but this option does NOT display with postacrd(s) correctly loaded on the rear tray. I could get it to display by setting the width guides too wide (i.e. size mismatch) which might be a workaround instead of disabling the paper sensing. It mentions "registering" the paper you wish to use but it's not clear what that means or how to do that, and I could not. For MacOS there's a link to using "RemoteUI" to disable the paper setting mismatch (or change other settings). Despite overriding the Unsafe/unsecure block with both Safari or Chrome browsers, I was never able to access the RemoteUI (and prefer NOT to).  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JSardina,

To clear the 2114 error, please follow the steps on this page:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/TS5300%20series/EN/ERR/2114.html

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was eventually able to connect with customer support and resolve. For anyone interested it printing to a standard postcard that one buys from the US Postal Service, you cannot at the default TS5320 settings. If like me you have trouble finding the disable setting: * Turn the printer on; hit 'OK' -> Menu

* Scroll down to 'Feed Settings'; hit 'OK' 

* Scroll down to 'Detect Paper Settings Mismatch'; hit 'OK' (you might be able to change the rear tray paper type via the 'Feed' menu but I didn't find 1 that worked)

* Select 'Disable'; hit 'OK'

* Use the back arrow to return to main menu. (You may need to delete your print queue prior to try again).

And FYI re: the linked "2114 Error" page: 

Says you can select 'Print on set paper' but this option does NOT display with postacrd(s) correctly loaded on the rear tray. I could get it to display by setting the width guides too wide (i.e. size mismatch) which might be a workaround instead of disabling the paper sensing. It mentions "registering" the paper you wish to use but it's not clear what that means or how to do that, and I could not. For MacOS there's a link to using "RemoteUI" to disable the paper setting mismatch (or change other settings). Despite overriding the Unsafe/unsecure block with both Safari or Chrome browsers, I was never able to access the RemoteUI (and prefer NOT to).  

Announcements