cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print in black - please help !

poinsot
Apprentice

Hello. 

I have an MP960 and yes, I know it's a really old printer but I just got back to the US from covid confinement overseas and I need to print a few things quickly. I have all new inks. I have run a reset and a cleaning and a deep cleaning and have checked my driver settings but I cannot make it print in black. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated !!

Thank you,

Wendy

I can't believe I have to put this huge printer in the trash just because I can't get an answer to this issue. What a waste of landfill space. There are a 1000 posts in the community on the same issue of not being able to print black on a Canon printer but there is no solution. Why would I buy a Canon printer again ?? There is no effort made to solve this issue which is evidently a bug and not a problem with the ink level or cartridge. It is a Canon problem and they won't provide a solution. 

I did a deep cleaning of the print head with 91% isopropyl alcohol for 30 hours. The print head was clean as new. But it sill won't print more than a few black smudges so it has to go to the recycling center unfortunately and I will be going out to buy an Epson printer mainly for the Epson support. I'm done with Canon. 

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Wendy!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I soaked the printer head in 91% isopropyl alcohol for 20 hours and let it dry and it still wouldn't print correctly so I recycled the printer and went and ordered an Epson. I found Epson tech support to be willing to help. We'll see. 

Announcements