cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get technical support for a product still in warranty

TOS1968
Apprentice

I have tried to reach Canon technical support for my scanner, which is still in warranty.  The artifcial voice will not accept the model. I tried to register an account, and it will not accept the serial number.

I understand they changd their customer support this year. They used to have the best customer support.  Now they have the worst.

Is there any way to speak to a live technician?  If I am left with no technical support for a product in warranty,  I shall no longer

buy Canon products.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, TOS1968!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you've got and what kind of problem you're experiencing with it.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

sthnreb
Apprentice

Printer mf743cdw.  Purchased March 2020 with 3 yr warranty.  Printer stopped recognizing printer.  Cannot print from computer to printer now.  Cannot reach canon for service.  They have a chat Global Services who actually made it worse.  They want $342, 2 yrs support, for screwing it up more.  They could be the cause.  Can buy a new one for that price anyway.  Can't wife a reset to reset to factory settings.  

Hello Sthnreb,

To contact phone support, the printer would need to be registered to a MyCanon account. You can also use your MyCanon account to access your service options or contact support.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue in the forums as well. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. 

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?
  3. When you try to use the printer, do you get any specific error messages on the computer or the printer's display screen?
Announcements