cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create PDF with MG5720 printer

mjerodriguez
Apprentice
I own a Canon Pixma MG5720 printer, [Removed serial number per forum guidelines]. It is connected wirelessly to an HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro.

Until very recently I was able to scan and make PDFs (via My Image Garden) using the above laptop and printer.

Today, however, I went to make a PDF as I normally do and was prevented from doing that. A message displayed inside My Image Garden reading: "Canon My Image Garden: You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder." In addition, I received the following message - "Unauthorized change blocked: Controlled folder access blocked C:Program ... \cnmigmain.exe from making changes to the folder %usepr ... \My Image Garden"

Is there a fix for this? Several weeks ago I did update my laptop with Microsoft's latest and massive Windows 10 update. Did something in the update "break" my scanning capability with the Canon MG5720 and My Image Garden?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi mjerodriguez,

To try and resolve the error being received, please ensure that the account that you are logged in under on your computer has administrator privileges to the folder where the scan is attempting to be saved.  If you still experience difficulty once this has been verified, you can try temporarily disabling Windows Defender to see if this will resolve the issue, as this program has the ability to block programs that are attempting to access folders on your computer. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the WINDOWS START button.

2. Click on WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY CENTER.

3. Click on VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION.

4. Click on VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION SETTINGS.

5. Under CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS, move the slider bar to OFF.

Once the above steps have been performed, please attempt to scan again. If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi mjerodriguez,

To try and resolve the error being received, please ensure that the account that you are logged in under on your computer has administrator privileges to the folder where the scan is attempting to be saved.  If you still experience difficulty once this has been verified, you can try temporarily disabling Windows Defender to see if this will resolve the issue, as this program has the ability to block programs that are attempting to access folders on your computer. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the WINDOWS START button.

2. Click on WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY CENTER.

3. Click on VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION.

4. Click on VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION SETTINGS.

5. Under CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS, move the slider bar to OFF.

Once the above steps have been performed, please attempt to scan again. If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you - problem solved!

Announcements