cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect my new Canon MG 7700 to my MAC PRO LAPTOP

Devinfrust
Apprentice

Super frustrated!  

Just bought the Canon PIXMA MG7700 printer off Amazon and can't connect the printer to my wifi!

Printer doesn't even show up even after I downloaded driver off Canon Website.  

"Start Setup" page never appeared.  Printer shows in Wifi, but laptop not picking it up.  Tried to add manually that didn't work either...

I have the MACOS Seirra  10.12.3 version.  Can somebody help please.  My business has been dow for TWO DAYS  now because of this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi Devinfrust,                     

Try connecting your PIXMA MG7720 to your wireless network first.  To connect your PIXMA MG7720 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG7720.

2.  Swipe the screen and then select LAN settings.

3.  Tap Wireless LAN setup.

4.  Tap Standard setup.

5.  A list of detected access points will appear.  Select your wireless network.

6.  Enter your wireless network password and click OK.

Your PIXMA MG7720 will now be connected to your network.

Once connected, please attempt to reinstall the printer driver from Canon's web site again.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi Devinfrust,                     

Try connecting your PIXMA MG7720 to your wireless network first.  To connect your PIXMA MG7720 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG7720.

2.  Swipe the screen and then select LAN settings.

3.  Tap Wireless LAN setup.

4.  Tap Standard setup.

5.  A list of detected access points will appear.  Select your wireless network.

6.  Enter your wireless network password and click OK.

Your PIXMA MG7720 will now be connected to your network.

Once connected, please attempt to reinstall the printer driver from Canon's web site again.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!  it worked!!!Smiley Indifferent  😄

Announcements