cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect MacOS Catalina to TR8500 by wifi, but can by cord

DavidB341
Apprentice

I recently upgraded my Mac to OS Catalina and cannot connect by wifi to the printer. It was fine before, and my wife is fine on her PC still connecting and printing. I deleted my print drivers and reinstalled the TR8500 drivers, and could only connect by a USB cable. I cannot connect by wifi. It says "printer offline", but yet I'm using the internet by my wifi to compose this note. 

I can print when connected by a printer cable, so all is not lost. But it seems that a wifi connection should be obvious.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue on Mac OS Catalina with Canon printers? I'm wondering if there is an issue? I tried entering the iPv4 IP address during setup and that didn't work, nor did trying to use the Bonjour name. Neither worked. If it's any help, I'm on a 2012 MacBook Pro that is the bottom of the list of supported models for OS Catalina.

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi DavidB341.

When a computer's OS is upgraded to a newer version, often times the core settings are also changed. Check whether your computer is connecting on a 5 GHz wifi connection and, if so, try connecting it instead to a standard (2.4 GHz) wifi connection.  To confirm whether the router is allowing communications, you can try opening the TR8520's Remote UI.

In the Case of Mac OS Catalina, the drivers on the installation CD will not work; you'll need the latest version of the drivers, available on the 

Announcements