cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon printer issue

ashleymsmith021
Apprentice

I installed the printer on my old computer with no problems.  Ink alignment and everything went well...BUT I had to get new parts and I am trying to install drivers on my new windows pc.  I downloaded the driver from thewebiste and the installation got stuck on connection to the printer.  It took over 30 min so I cancelled and followed the steps to start over.  I did that many different times and it still gets stuck.   I switched to my laptop and installed directly fromt the webiste and then it got stuck again on the Printer Connection page.  After waiting and waiting, it gives me an error that the printer is not detected.  I tried over and over to plug it back in...it says the printer is detected'...then it says finsihing the installation and then suddenlt it says "the printer isn't connected" AGAIN and AGAIN.  It's plugged in to wall and laptop and the light is on.  Nothing changed since it first detected it.  What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2

Abel
Enthusiast

Hi, ashleymsmith021!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which printer model you own, the operating system you are running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE to search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We can try to help.  Can you what model printer you have?  

How it is connected and to what?  USB, Wireless, etc.

You'll need to provide more information if you'd like help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements