cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon TS8020 wont pull paper from bottom casset paper tray and will only pull from the back.

SivMonkey
Apprentice

How can i can make the printer pull paper from the paper casset tray from the bottom on the printer rather than paper from the back... i dont have paper in the back and when i dont it just says there is no paper in the tray but ever since i bought this printer its been pulling paper from the bottom cassette tray rather than the back so if someone could please help me with a setting im messsing or something it would be greatly appreciated beyond all beleif..Thank you!

The model is : Cannon TS8020

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SivMonkey,

If you are using Windows, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type CONTROL and click OK.

3.  In Control Panel, please click on View devices and printers.

4.  Right click the Canon TS8000 series printer and left click on "Printing Preferences" )from the middle of the pop up menu)

5.  In the lower right side, please choose the desired paper source from the "Paper Source" drop down box.

6.  Click Apply and then OK.

figure:Paper Source on the Quick Setup tab

If you are using a Mac, please follow these steps:

1. Open the item that you wish to print.

2.  Click on File and then Print.

3.   If you see a "Show details" button at the bottom, please click it.

4.  From the middle drop down box, please select Media & Quality or Quality & Media.

5.  Choose the desired paper source from the "Paper source" or the "Feed from" box.

6.  Click Print.

figure:Paper Source of Quality & Media in the Print dialog

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

AnswerMan
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with my Canon TS6320. I keep getting 'Support Code 1000' telling me to load paper in the rear tray, even though the rear tray is closed and the cassette is installed and fully loaded with plain paper. The paper feed settings are fine.

Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I cancel the print and start over and then it works fine. Sometimes I remove and re-insert the cassette and it works. Sometimes neither seems to work. I haven't figured out any pattern or cause of this issue..

For what it's worth, I'm mostly printing from a chromebook or my phone. I think it happens with both, but definitely the chromebook. 

Announcements