cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Pixma MX922 Wont Scan to PC

GraceAlone
Apprentice

Hello

I have a Cannon Pixma MX922 and am trying to scan a 1 page document to my PC (Windows 8.1).  The manual (loaded on my PC) has no instructions on how to scan.  I've tried to figure out how to scan a document to my PC with no success.  Can you help me?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GraceAlone,

My Image Garden can be used to scan your photos.  To scan with My Image Garden, please follow these steps:

1.  Place the photo that you wish to scan face down on the scanner glass of your PIXMA MX922.

2.  From the Windows Start Scree, click the My Image Garden tile.

3.  Click Scan in the menu on the left hand side.

4.  Click Photo at the top of the right hand side.

5.  Scanning will start and when it is completed, the image appears as a thumbnail.

6.  Click Save at the bottom right of the Scan view to display the Save dialog box.

7.  Give the file a descriptive name in the File Name box.

8.  Click Browse next to Save In and choose a location that you wish to save the scanned image.

9.  Click Save and the image will be saved in the location that was specified.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why do i have to download bloated software that I don't want to use and won't use. Oh wait, since I seem to be one of the hundreds of complaints on there about not being able to scan directly from printer to pc by hiting the scan button and then the black button...you'd think it would be fixed. 

Sorry, haven't had luck with Canon in terms of oeprabilty. Always annoying issues like this with all canon products i get. they are good products, they just can't figure out how to make it all run the way it should. 

So not my question, but i certainly don't consider this solved! 

Announcements