cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Pixma MG3520

jwilhelm
Apprentice

Looking to buy a printer.. maybe someone can help with my needs as cannon support really didnt answer my question. i basically assumed this when I asked if I could scan to a storage device(like a 10gb USB Drive) and he told me id need a full blow computer(which if your like me you're pretty much alltablet and phone and no computer). Well, heres what im looking for with this specific printer(its local for $39.99).

1) It says it can mobile print from my device, is this android and iphone? I do have both but would rather use android to do this with. 

2) This says it has USB, will it scan to a storage drive alone with it just literally powered on. No computer, No Network.(I do have both wifi and hotspot if you need to know, but wish to not use either for this)

3) Here's the odd one. Can I hook my Adroid to its charger (the cord is micro usb on one end and USB on the other, but you should know this if you're trying to troubleshoot me) and hook the usb end to the printer and scan to my phone as a storage device(whether it uses internal or sd storage IDC, I can move files). 

That's what I need. Will this device work for these questions?

If it will NOT work via the phone method, i could still use this if it did the storage device method. Remember all the while I wish to do this with the printer in the corner of the room, plugged into the power only. No computer, No network.

Thanks for your time,

W. Jeff Wilhelm Jr

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

1.  You can print from iOS or Android devices with the PIXMA MG3520.

2.  The USB connection on the printer is for a direct connection to a compatible Windows or Mac OSX computer through a standard A to B USB cable.  You cannot connect a USB thumb drive or other media to the printer.

3.  You cannot connect your Android device to the USB port on the printer.  To scan, use our free Canon PRINT app.  This is avaialble on the Google Play (Android) or App Stores (iOS).

For more details, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jwilhelm
Apprentice
The cannon print app would allow me to scan to my phone?

The Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app will allow you to scan to your phone

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements