02-27-2020 03:29 PM
I have a Cannon MX410 printer/fax that does NOT print black text from my computer commands:
* I changed both Color/and Black ink cartridges
* it COPIES everything on the machine in both color/and black
Thanks in Advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-28-2020 03:46 PM
Please print a test page from your PIXMA MX410. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the OPEN button on your PIXMA MX410 to open the Output Tray.
2. Load letter-sized, plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette Tray.
3. Press the COPY button on your PIXMA MX410.
4. Press the MENU button repeatedly until MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.
5. Press the left or right button until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.
Please compare your printout to the example below. Does your printout print correctly?
02-28-2020 05:51 PM
If your MX410's Nozzle Check sheet (from the maintenance options) comes out with the black net pattern at the top, and all of the colored bars beneath it, then the lack of black text will be from settings on the computer. Please note, if you saved the Nozzle Check example image and printed that from a program on your computer, it will not produce accurate nozzle check results. The automated process (through the printer's menu or printer driver/printer utility) is required.
If the faxes are saving to the unit but not printing automatically, make sure the ink cartridge is a Canon-genuine ink cartridge. Refilled or remanufactured inks may report as low or unknown quantity.
If the ink is low, or reporting as low, or if the ink level sensor has been disabled, you may wish to enable the Print When No Ink setting.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
03-24-2020 08:05 PM
I am having the same issue and the black ink is not printing during the nozzle check. I have ran the cleaning and deep cleaning maintenance several time and still no resolution. Both the black and color catridges are full. Any suggestions to resolve this issue.
03-26-2020 02:48 PM
If you are using a new, genuine Canon brand cartridge, check to make sure that the bright orange tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink cartridge. If the issue persists, the cartridge may need to be replaced.