cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon MX410 printer NOT printing black

Dempster
Apprentice

Hello

I have a Cannon MX410 printer/fax that does NOT print black text from my computer commands:

* I changed both Color/and Black ink cartridges

* it COPIES everything on the machine in both color/and black

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i unplugged the printer for 60 seconds and rebooted the Computer....All is Good now!!

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dempster,

Please print a test page from your PIXMA MX410.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the OPEN button on your PIXMA MX410 to open the Output Tray.

2.  Load letter-sized, plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette Tray.

3.  Press the COPY button on your PIXMA MX410.

4.  Press the MENU button repeatedly until MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.

5.  Press the left or right button until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.

Please compare your printout to the example below.  Does your printout print correctly?

MX410 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

after doing this test............my printed sheet looks EXACLY like that

Hi Dempster.

If your MX410's Nozzle Check sheet (from the maintenance options) comes out with the black net pattern at the top, and all of the colored bars beneath it, then the lack of black text will be from settings on the computer.  Please note, if you saved the Nozzle Check example image and printed that from a program on your computer, it will not produce accurate nozzle check results.  The automated process (through the printer's menu or printer driver/printer utility) is required.

If the faxes are saving to the unit but not printing automatically, make sure the ink cartridge is a Canon-genuine ink cartridge.  Refilled or remanufactured inks may report as low or unknown quantity.

If the ink is low, or reporting as low, or if the ink level sensor has been disabled, you may wish to enable the Print When No Ink setting.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i unplugged the printer for 60 seconds and rebooted the Computer....All is Good now!!

Thanks 🙂

I am having the same issue and the black ink is not printing during the nozzle check. I have ran the cleaning and deep cleaning maintenance several time and still no resolution. Both the black and color catridges are full. Any suggestions to resolve this issue.

crucians,

If you are using a new, genuine Canon brand cartridge, check to make sure that the bright orange tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink cartridge.  If the issue persists, the cartridge may need to be replaced.

I have both MX340 and MX410 printers and the black will not print on nozzle check on either printer. I have done print head cleaning twice and deep cleaning on both and still no black. I have tried new cartridges with no success.

LuBelle47
Apprentice

Although my printer is a Cannon PIXMA MX 420, I've been having the same problem printing black from the Lenovo laptop (Windows 10)  I purchased about year or two ago. 

It printed out fine for a while. I went thrugh the cleaning, deep cleaning as per instructions, but to no avail.  I noticed that it test would not print out the top line (BLK), so I checked the cartridges under Maintenance, & it showed "adequate", 

I also have an Asus laptop which I purchased quite some years ago, (runs Windows 97, which I love), & which I do not connect to the internet.   When my Lenovo quit printing out black, even after all the cleaning & installing new cartridges, I plugged my printer to my old Asus laptop and it printed out just fine. 

I use both laptops since I have old programs which are not supported by Windows 10. 

I'm mainly posting this to offer additional info that I haven't seen yet.  Hope this helps.

Announcements