cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon MX 922 will not connect to new network

cchris16
Apprentice

I have a cannon mx 922. Using windows 10 OS.

This printer was previously connected to a home network that has now been changed. 

I attempted to set up a new wireless connection however when I get to the step when asked to select which network to connect to it does not give me an option to enter a passphrase and attemtps to connect to the access point unsuccessfully

I have attempted uninstalling the printer and re-installing without success

Also have attempted to clear the LAN settings and this did not work

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cchris16,

There are two setting on the MX922 that may need to be changed to make it work better on your network. Normally these settings are enabled. I recommend that you disable them. To do this, please follow these steps directly from the printer:

1.  Press the MENU button. 

2.  Select SETUP, then press the OK button. 

3.  Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4.  Use the arrow buttons to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5.  Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button

6.  Use the arrow buttons to select WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING, then press the OK button.

7.  Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK This will return you to Other Settings menu.

8.  Use the arrow buttons to select TCP/IP SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

9.  Use the arrow buttons to select IPv6, then press the OK button.

10.  Use the arrow buttons to select YES at confirmation screen [LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment. Set this setting?] then press the OK button.

11.  Use the arrow buttons to select ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then press the OK button.

12.  Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK button.  This will return you to IPv6 settings menu where you can press MENU to exit to the main menu.

Now both of these settings have been disabled, restart the printer and then try to connect it to your network.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This did not resolve the issue

When I attempt to connect I am still not given an option to enter a passphrase so connecting to the protected network fails

Hi cchris16,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

you want me to pay 55bucks amonth for the support that makes your product not just a boat anchor. you are full of **bleep** your firmware is **bleep**ed up and you should fix it

Sorry, what? Support at Canon USA is no more than $20. We never charge a recurring fee for support. If that's something you've ever seen, it's not been from us. 

If you've followed the above steps, and you still need help, you'll need to register your printer at   and reach out to support from there. 

Have a good day.

Announcements