cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you scan a greeting card and save as JPEG instead of PDF file?

spetho2001
Enthusiast

I have a Canon MG2220 All-in-One printer and when ever I scan something the only option to save seems to be a PDF file. Can I save the scan as a JPEG so that I can edit it by cropping and resizeing?

Thank you,

TomS

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

JPEG images can be scanned with our IJ Scan Utility program.  Once the program has been opened, use the "Photo" option to scan a JPEG image.  Additional settings can be specified in the "Settings" menu of the program.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Georgia
Apprentice

You need to choose "Photo" scan either on the display on printer or using Scan Utility from your PC - that will ensure it is scanned as a jpeg file.

However, I found when it appears in the My Image Garden software, it is a jpeg file but the only choice to save it is as a pdf file; have no idea why there isn't a choice of Save as jpeg file.

I have found a workaround to this is  to right click on the jpeg file in the Garden sofftware, then choose "copy" - go to the file on left side of software screen where you want to save it; open file or browse for file you want and then click on "paste" - your jpeg file is now copied to a file.  There  is no editing available doing it this way but I have Paint software so I can then use that to edit photo.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements