01-09-2018 07:40 PM
The printer comes with a program called the iJ Scan Utility that can assist you with scanning a mutlipage document and saving it as a single file. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Place the first page of the document you would like to scan on the platen glass of the printer.
3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window, then set the item size, resolution, etc. as required.
5. Ensure that the DOCUMENT option is selected in the Select Source field in the SCAN OPTIONS section.
6. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the PDF (MULTIPLE PAGES) option.
c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in.
7. In the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, select DO NOT START ANY APPLICATION.
8. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the SETTINGS (DOCUMENT SCAN) window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
9. Click the DOCUMENT button. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Once the first page of the document is scanned, a SCAN COMPLETE window will appear. If you have another page you would like to add to the document, please click the SCAN button. You will do this procedure until all pages of the document have been scanned. Once all pages have been scanned, please click the EXIT button. All pages of the document will now be saved into a single document in the location that you specified in 6c above.
Hope this helps!
01-09-2018 07:43 PM
The steps referenced below for the PIXMA MG2920 can also be used to scan a multipage document using the PIXMA MG6821.