Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Can't setup wireless connection for my printer MG 3620

I tried to setup my wireless connection between my printer and my macbook using software downloaded from canon website. I successfully went through step 1 and 2 after it said on the screen that my printer successfully connected to my wireless router. However when I went to step 3, it tried to download something and then said installation failed.

During the process i connect my macbook with the printer through wifi connect (canon_ij), and there was a time it said it temporarily disabled connection, and when my printer successfully connected to my wireless router, my macbook reconnected to my regular wifi. Then when i proceeded to step 3 the installation failed

I tried to redo many times but it still failed. Can anyone help me with this?

My Mac OS is Big Sur 11.2.1 if that helps

Product Expert

Re: Can't setup wireless connection for my printer MG 3620

Hi phmtr,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: Can't setup wireless connection for my printer MG 3620

I bought the PIXMA 3620 2 years ago or so.  As a practical matter, I have never been able to establish internet connection without technical support.  Twice I had pleasant conversations with technical support and they led me through a maze I could not understand but worked.  I am trying a third time and find out it's going to cost $19.99 to talk to technical support.  This should be something any user can do without technical support, and if they can't it should be free.  Help.