cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup Pixma MG5720 printer - need drivers for Windows 8.1

Joan66
Apprentice

All I get is a searching screen from disk and site.  Forever. 2nd circle of hell.  What can I do? Help. Desperately seeking guidance to find and download drivers and software for printer.

My computer is a 64-bit operating system, x 64-based processor, touchscreen, all in one, Windows 8.1

On another note, this MG5720 is replacing a Pixma MX432.  Those drivers, etc are still loaded.  Is that a/THE problem?  Do I have to remove all the canon files, incl. navigator, solutions, help, etc..  prior to the new setup?   I have tried to remove them post disconnect, but it looks like I will have to reconnect the old one to do so.  Is that right? Do I need to bother?

To whoever replies,  thanks in advance.  We low techies are thrilled you do what you do.  🙂

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go here and select Windows 8.1

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I get it off the site and save but that's what happens when I try to run it. Do I need to clear the old printer drivers or something?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go here and select Windows 8.1

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Back to the same problem....I load it, save it, but when I run it I get:
"Acquiring information on the latest driver and software. Please wait."    And it is the never ending wait.

Do I have to get rid of my old Canon printer files?, see first message.

I get it off the site and save but that's what happens when I try to run it. Do I need to clear the old printer drivers or something?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements