cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up pixma MG2500

voyeuse
Contributor

I'm following on screen set up instructions to the point of aligning print heads, but the A4 sheet I've inserted won't print. The document shows in the print queue but that's it - nothing happens. So I can't complete the set up process. I should say this is my third Canon printer and I've never encountered a set up problem before. Any help gratefully received.

The machine's connected by usb to windows 10 64 bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi voyeuse,

Please perform the following steps to connect the MG2500 series printer to your computer.

1. Disconnect the USB cable and remove the setup disc.
  2. Remove any installed Canon software from the computer that has been installed during the setup process.
  3. Restart the printer and computer.
  4. Instead of using the setup disc, I recommend downloading and installing the MG2500 series MP Driver from the Canon website. Click HERE to access the Canon website.
  5. Locate "Operating System" and confirm your computer's OS is detected, if not adjusted the drop-down list to your computer's OS.
  6. Locate and click on SELECT to the right of MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.022.
  7. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  8. After the download is complete RUN the installation.
  9. Do not connect the printer's USB cable until the installation states.
  10. Once the installation is complete, perform a test print.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

this worked for me thanks

OMG - *Thank you SO much!!* I normally don't have much trouble with technology, but this one was a real head-scratcher! Several attempts ended in the printer not being detected and for a moment, it was really seeming as though I'd have to return my new printer. Now, after following your instructions, my installation is complete! I just printed a test page to verify it and everything went off without a hitch. Smiley Happy

This advice finally provided the information I needed to iron out all the bugs and get my Canon MG2525 running, with scanner capabilities---that was the one thing I couldn't previously get. And the key advice you supplied was to uninstall the software that HAD been installed, then download the driver from this website, and finally, re-download ONLY certain other software from the CD-ROM, in particular, the Quick Menu and the User Manual. Thanks so much for leading me out of the woods and into the light!

scrutchf
Apprentice

I have had the same problem.  I keep getting an error message. Download error -0001-0002.  I have followed all the instructions given to earlier post and still can not download the driver.  Help Please!

Scotlind99
Apprentice
Had this problem. Installed from disk, then website, tried probably 4 times. Came here and read this thread, uninstalled everything Canon on my computer and tried again with website download and it worked right away. I was about ready to take the whole thing back so thanks!

ThaboM
Apprentice
Hi

Did you eventually get a solution. I’m struggling with the same problem.

nathan_oam
Apprentice

Hi

Anyone get a solution to this ? I recently re-formatted a laptop to Windows 10. Now I get a prompt that "Proccessing the installation" however after about 30 mins the printer is not detected.

I have done everything listed here

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi

If anyone is having this issue, this is how I fixed it. 

There was a entry listed in Printers and Scanners for my printer. It was just listing the SCANNER and not Printer. After removing it from DEVMGMT.MSC from "Print Queues" and then Refreshing the Hardware - Windows 10 auto installed.

Issue resolved

Thanks,

Nathan

Thank you, Nathan!

I signed up on Canon forums JUST so I could say your solution worked and THANK YOU.

For anyone wondering, the solution to the problem is simply this:

While the Canon installation has "hung up" (it's failing to detect the printer even though it is plugged in), simply go into "Printers and Settings" (in Windows) and DELETE the device that you see for the Canon printer/scanner. Once you delete the device, the installation will immediately detect the printer and the installation will proceed and finish correctly.

Come on, Canon! Fix this silly issue.

> Hi

> If anyone is having this issue, this is how I fixed it. 

> There was a entry listed in Printers and Scanners for my printer. It was just listing the SCANNER and not Printer. After removing it from DEVMGMT.MSC from "Print Queues" and then Refreshing the Hardware - Windows 10 auto installed.

> Issue resolved

> Thanks,

> Nathan

This is a big thank you to flakkster. I enrolled on this forum especially to thank you as well!

I was at a loss with this problem until I read your post. You saved my day and the weekend! Smiley Happy

In fact going to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners in Windows 10 and removing the partially installed Canon printer(s) entry(ies) worked when the installation stalled, although I must say that I needed to remove the USB printer cord and put it back into my laptop socket again for the installation process to complete and especially for me to have the Canon IJ Scan Utility scanner software installed which will now enable me to start a new project.

Agreed as above. Please Canon sort out this problem at least with the downloadable software. There is no logic for the average or above average computer user struggling to figure out this problem.

I can't remember this being an issue in an earlier version of Windows 10 I have on another computer where this printer was installed with all the complete Canon software a few years ago and with no problems.

Announcements