cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up pixma MG2500

voyeuse
Contributor

I'm following on screen set up instructions to the point of aligning print heads, but the A4 sheet I've inserted won't print. The document shows in the print queue but that's it - nothing happens. So I can't complete the set up process. I should say this is my third Canon printer and I've never encountered a set up problem before. Any help gratefully received.

The machine's connected by usb to windows 10 64 bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi voyeuse,

Please perform the following steps to connect the MG2500 series printer to your computer.

1. Disconnect the USB cable and remove the setup disc.
  2. Remove any installed Canon software from the computer that has been installed during the setup process.
  3. Restart the printer and computer.
  4. Instead of using the setup disc, I recommend downloading and installing the MG2500 series MP Driver from the Canon website. Click HERE to access the Canon website.
  5. Locate "Operating System" and confirm your computer's OS is detected, if not adjusted the drop-down list to your computer's OS.
  6. Locate and click on SELECT to the right of MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.022.
  7. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  8. After the download is complete RUN the installation.
  9. Do not connect the printer's USB cable until the installation states.
  10. Once the installation is complete, perform a test print.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi voyeuse,

Please perform the following steps to connect the MG2500 series printer to your computer.

1. Disconnect the USB cable and remove the setup disc.
  2. Remove any installed Canon software from the computer that has been installed during the setup process.
  3. Restart the printer and computer.
  4. Instead of using the setup disc, I recommend downloading and installing the MG2500 series MP Driver from the Canon website. Click HERE to access the Canon website.
  5. Locate "Operating System" and confirm your computer's OS is detected, if not adjusted the drop-down list to your computer's OS.
  6. Locate and click on SELECT to the right of MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.022.
  7. Click on the red DOWNLOAD button.
  8. After the download is complete RUN the installation.
  9. Do not connect the printer's USB cable until the installation states.
  10. Once the installation is complete, perform a test print.

Hi Caemene

I followed your advice and the installation completed without a hitch. Many thanks!

I wish Canon had included the instructions with the machine...

I installed the printer on my old laptop with no problems.  Ink alignment and everything went well...BUT that printer laptop died and I am trying to install drivers on my new DELL.  I downloaded the driver from the disk and the installation got stuck on recgonizing the printer.  It took over 30 min so I cancelled and followed the steps to start over.  I did that twice and it still got stuck.  I went to the website and downloaded the drivers  there.  They all installed fine and then it got stuck again on the Printer Connection page.  After waiting and waiting, it gives me an error that the printer is not detected.  I tried over and over to plug it back in...it says 'wait'...then it stalls and says the printer isn't connected AGAIN and AGAIN.  It's plugged in to wall and laptop and the light is on.  Nothing changed since it first detected it.  What can I do?

Hi brighterhopes,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I uninstalled the driver that I got on the Canon website.  Then reinstalled it and the setup worked without a hitch.  I guess it was something in the first download that was whacky!  Thanks for your help.

Hi brighterhopes,

I'm glad to hear that you got it working! Thanks for letting me know

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i did the same but nothing worked for me i tried again and again nothing

In the past I had been able to install the drivers for my MG2525 printer/scanner in Windows 7 and XP easily. Not so with my new Windows 10 machine. So following the comments here, I completely uninstalled the incomplete drivers, then installed the recommended one from the website. It worked! thanks!

Thank you!. This fixed my Failed installation problem for my MG2555S on Windows 10 x64
Announcements