cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send jpeg image to another person

jaymack
Enthusiast

Okay, I hope someone can help. I may be in the wrong location so tell me if so.

I have hired someone to do front/back covers for my travel book. However, when I send her the jpegs thru dropbox I did from Canon printer they seem to go blue-ish and grainy. Maybe this is my mistake, I printed a photo 4x6 and  very low but it looked great. Then I scanned it at 300 dpi but her end shows that grainy blue...

But on my side the jpegs look good.

I'm thinking I may need the original photo neg which has obviously better quality? Or is there another way to get to her computer. I thought maybe handing her a flashdrive.

If that's allowed in the mellennial world.

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi, jaymack!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model printer you used to print. Is it a multifunction machine? Were you using the same machine to scan? Also, which software were you using to scan? 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Sorry, Canon ip7220 printer not multi-function. Scanning was MP Navigator EX 4.0. Actually printer isn't really relative but I used Canon MP Navigator scanner which was the only software except for dropbox.

Issue is this:  I printed photos from at very low resolution and then scanned them to 300 dpi. With this I can print fairly nice 4x6 & 5x7 prints but I needed to send them via drop box to the person working on front/back covers. However when she gets them they are blue-ish and grainy.

Ironically I also scanned sheet paper to jpegs and they came out fine.

But I cannot seem to transfer the 300 dpi photos to the other party without grain and blue-ish green.

The originals were 35mm films, I have some negs but as always, can't find the negs I need.

Hello.

If the images appear to look fine on your own screen, the issue may be related to how it was transferred.  Try using a different option to sent the image to the desired party.  Send the image via email to narrow down the cause of the issue.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Found a solution...WeTransfer. Very simple and allows 2 GB for free, of which I have used now, easiest way to transfer anywhere.

Announcements