cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scan in every Mac OS X account

taggart18
Apprentice

Using Mojave (10.14.2) on a 2017 iMac with a TS8220, I am unable to scan from every user account, even though I installed the printer with the admin user account and can successfully ping the printer on the network from each account.  I get the following error message.  Any idea what the fix might be?

Screenshot 2019-01-02 21.57.52.png

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi taggart18,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

I called Canon support and they were very helpful.  They asked me to contact Apple since it appeared to be a problem on their end.  I contacted Apple and worked with them and they said the TS8220 was not an AirPrint printer so I would need to contact Canon.  I contacted Canon again and did a couple of new things, but in the end, I was encouraged to contact Apple since my TS8220 is in fact an AirPrint printer and Apple may need to help me set up IP ports and firewall settings.

Before calling Apple again, I deleted all the Canon software and drivers, rebooted, and re-installed the Canon software.  No dice.  I tried setting up a Canon Direct connection.  No dice.

Long story short, I simply disabled the wireless connection on the printer and re-enabled it.  I was able to print and scan without issue after that.

CANON, please add this to your support checklist and fix this printer's firmware.  NOTE: I had power-cycled the printer at least once since my initial installation 4-5 weeks ago.

taggart18
Apprentice
CORRECTION - This happened again as I reconfigured my network. Disabling and Enabling wi-fi did not work, but disabling IPv6 did the trick.
Announcements