cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scan MP495

Alex_from_GA
Contributor

I installed MP Navigator 3.1 and get a message "install scanner driver".  When I try to install the driver I get a pay for site.  The must be an easier way.

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

HI Alex_from_GA!

Canon is proud to provide all the drivers for our products for free on our website. You can find drivers HERE on our Service and Support site.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

I have the printer driver and it prints fine, just can't scan.  I've connected to your site several times trying to get the scanner driver and it wants to sell me a driver something from a third party.  Windows 7 64 bit.  All the other multifunction printers I have have no problem scanning just the MP495.  Exactly where do I find the driver?  Thank you.

windows7 os I have loaded the appropriate drivers and it still doesn't work.  

Ramona
Authority

Hi Alex_from_GA,

The scanner drivers for the printer are included with the printer driver installation.  The following link will take you to the Drivers and Software page for your PIXMA MP495:

PIXMA MP495 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MP Drivers file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.  

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

You will also want to download and install the latest version of MP Navigator from the Recommended from You section.

Hope this helps!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements