cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register my new TS5020 printer..

Blackink
Contributor

This is the second Pixma TS 5020 printer where I can't register the unit through Canon's Web site.

I get the same error message as I did trying to register the first TS 5020.

Somebody that is from Canon, that is on this forum, MUST have a reason they can give me for the error, unless what the error is telling me is actually the truth in step #2.

Here is what I am getting for an error message:

The serial number you have entered is invalid for one or more reasons:

1) The serial number does not match the product you have selected (FCC ID which starts with "AZD" is often mistaken for serial number.

2) The serial number entered indicates this product was not intended for sale in the United States and is ineligible for registration and support in the U.S.

Please verify your product model and serial number to ensure they were entered correctly.

I don't feel comfortable putting the serial number here on this Web page but I can assure you that the correct printer is being entered because on Canon's Web site, the Pixma TS 5020 is what shows up when I enter that model number.

And I can assure you that I am entering the correct serial number that is supplied on the outside of the box and it matched the serial number inside the printer,

Am I correct in assuming that the company that is selling these Pixma TS 5020 printer's is NOT suppose to be selling them in the U.S.?

I live in the State of Vermont in New England.

My serial number for this printer consists of 4 alphabetized letters followed by 5 numbers, which is exactly what Canon's Web site tells me the serial number is suppose to be for this model.

PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE FROM THIS FORUM THAT IS FROM CANON TELL ME THAT THIS PRINTER WAS NOT INTENDED FOR SALE IN THE UNITED STATES???

And if that is not the reason for the rejection......what is the reason?????

And don't ask me to check the knowledge base, that does me no good in regards to this problem.

I can't contact Canon via telephone because they want my telephone number on record in order to help me and because I can't register the printer, I can't give them my contact info!!!

I need help!! Please?!?

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. You will be put in contact with a live agent even with the issue of the printer not being registered.

Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Unfortunately I am having th same problem with my MG2525.  Without a registered product you get nowhere with this message  

Looks like you don't have any registered products

You must have registered products in order to see support options

Announcements