cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't read scanned document

lill2u
Apprentice

While I was trying to print a scanned doc., It asked for a program to use like Paint, Word Pad etc....   I chose Word Pad and everything I scan come out as hypertext gibberish.  How do I change that!

6 REPLIES 6

lill2u
Apprentice

p.s. I have a Pixma  MG2120.

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi lill2u!

In order to provide you with the proper steps, please let everyone know what version OS (Mac 10.X, Windows __ etc.) you are running on your machine. This way, the community will be able to assist you with a workflow appropriate for your computer/device.

Thanks!

So sorry.  I have been out of town.  I am on Windows 7. 

Hi lill2u,

It is recommended that you scan the document using the MP Navigator and then edit and save the document using Notepad.  Once in Notepad you can copy and paste the document into your Word document.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click Start, select All Programs, Canon Utilities, MP Navigator EX then click on MP Navigator EX to open that program.

2.  Place your item to be scanned face down on the scanner.

3.  Click the One Click button in the upper right hand corner.

4.  In One Click mode, please click the OCR button.

5.  When the OCR dialog box appears, make any necessary changes and then click the green SCAN button.

6.  The document will be scanned.

Once scanning is complete, Notepad will open and you will be able to edit and save the text.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello lill2u,

The image doesn't seem to be saved in the right format. I would try to change the setting back to Paint or PDF? Personally, I do not see how adding OCR will fix this problem. 

Cheers,

Iris

Thank You Patrick & Iris.  I think Iris has hit the nail on the head; however I don't know how to get back to where you can change the settings.  How do I get there?   I plan on downloading Open Office, and a copy of MS Publisher that I have to send the info to.

I  guess you have figured out by now that I haven't been online too much lately.  Summertime ....  what can I say  🙂  Lill

Announcements