cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open printer driver download for Pixma TS9120

mahastew
Apprentice

I have a Pixma TS9120 and am on a Mac with OS Mojave. After downloading the printer driver, I clikced on the disk image for setup and got an error message saying "Login with the administrator account to start this software." I was already logged in with the only account on my Mac, which was an admin account. I crated a new admin account and tried it that way, but that didn't work either. Help? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mahastew.

The PIXMA TS9120 uses Airprint, so installing a drifver is not necessary.

If you are using a USB cable, please connect the cable and turn your printer on and then follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click the [+] at the bottom and then click on "Add printer or scanner".

4.  In the new window, select the Canon TS9100 series and then click Add.

If you are using your PIXMA TS9120 wirelessly, please connect it to your wireless network first, and then follow the steps above.

To connect your PIXMA TS9120 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the gear icon at the bottom of the LCD screen of the printer.

2.  Select Settings.

3.  Select Device settings.

4.  Select LAN settings.

5.  Select Wireless LAN.

6.  Select Wireless LAN setup.

7.  Select Manual connect.

8.  Choose your wireless network from the list that appears.

9.  Enter your wireless password.

Once "Connected" appears, press OK and your TS9120 is now connected to your wireless network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Not sure what you are trying to install? There is no Mojave driver for the TS9120.

mojave.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mahastew.

The PIXMA TS9120 uses Airprint, so installing a drifver is not necessary.

If you are using a USB cable, please connect the cable and turn your printer on and then follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click the [+] at the bottom and then click on "Add printer or scanner".

4.  In the new window, select the Canon TS9100 series and then click Add.

If you are using your PIXMA TS9120 wirelessly, please connect it to your wireless network first, and then follow the steps above.

To connect your PIXMA TS9120 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the gear icon at the bottom of the LCD screen of the printer.

2.  Select Settings.

3.  Select Device settings.

4.  Select LAN settings.

5.  Select Wireless LAN.

6.  Select Wireless LAN setup.

7.  Select Manual connect.

8.  Choose your wireless network from the list that appears.

9.  Enter your wireless password.

Once "Connected" appears, press OK and your TS9120 is now connected to your wireless network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements