cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install printer MP980

FunnyPocketBook
Apprentice

Hi

I've just reinstalled Windows 8.1 on my Acer laptop and wanted to install the printer on it.

I've downloaded the "MP980 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista64)" and the "MP980 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista x64)", but I can install neither of them. Whenever I try to install them, the error message

"Printer driver is currently in use. If you are not using the printer driver, it may be used by other users on this computer. Exit all applications and printer properties and then try again. If you still have a problem, restart the computer and then try again."

I did exit all applications and restarted the computer, but nothing helped; the same error message appeared every time.

I have connected the printer once before to the laptop, right after I reinstalled Windows 8.1, but I haven't had installed the driver back then. 

I've read somewhere, that this might be the problem to the error message, but I restarted the computer after the connection a couple of times.

The Control Panel doesn't show anything installed related to printers or Canon, neither does the search in Program Files and Program Files (x86).

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements