cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't 2-sided print on MX922

cubislo
Apprentice

I need to be able to full-duplex print on my printer from my Android.  I just purchased a MX922.  

The last screenshot shown at https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162560 seems to support that this ought to be possible, which is in addition to the image on the product box including mobile printing and mentioning 2-sided printing on the same side. 

Interestingly, this option is ABSENT in the CPIS app on my Android AND greyed out in the Android Canon Print Service. 

Customer Support's best answer is that it appears to be unavailable.  The CPIS app was updated as recently as last month (March 6, 2018).  Is there a plan to add this feature for MX922 as is shown in the link above?  

Can anyone offer any additional clarification, or better yet, verify WHICH MODELS comparable to the MX922 do offer this feature?  If not, I'm returning it to the store, and would encourage Canon to be clear on which features are actually available so buyers can make a more informed decision.  It's unfortunate to have spent the time researching/buying/setting-up a printer without a feature that was implied to be available PLUS spending the time trying to get that feature to work when it's not documented explicitly that it is not.

1 REPLY 1

ru23nyj
Apprentice

Reviews on the Google Play store show many users have this issue. Seems like 2-sided printing is simply not enabled in the Android Canon Print Service at all. Canon, can you please fix this ASAP? Really a basic feature that is a must for many users.

Announcements