cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not load MP Drivers. Printer Driver currently in use message. Nothing is running on the computer

RRH
Apprentice

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, RRH!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using and operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or MacOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, been at work. Thank you in advance for any help I can get. This is getting frustrating.

Printer - Canon MX892 multi funciton.

Has been in past and still does work fine with a Gateway 832GM, Intel P4-630 w/ HTT @ 3GHz / 800 MHz FSB CPU running Windows XP V2002 MCE.

I have a home wireless network/router and just added a newer Dell XPS-8700 64-bit OS i5-4440 CPU @ 3,1GHz running Win10 Home.

Both the XPS and a second Dell Inssiron 3847 64-bit OS i3-4150 CPU @ 3.5GHz running Win10 Home were able to print to the MX892 using a Windows supplied Canon Print Utility but when I tried to install the actual PIXMA MX890 software on the XPS I started getting the Printer Driver currently in use message and it would not load.

On my first visit to the canoncommunity I read a similar message about this message and not being able to load the MP Drivers that instructed the user to remove the existing printer driver and try again. So, I removed the Canon Print Utlility and tryed again. Same message, but PIXMA set up CD did load the other support software such as the Easy Print EX's, My Printer, Canon Solution Menu EX, etc., but it will not load the MP Drivers and still gives me the same message. This is rather confussing since I remove the Print Utility and as far as I can tell there is no other printer driver on the XPS.

I have also tried shutting off all other computers on the network before trying to load the MP Drivers and this did not help.

HELP PLEASE.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements