cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Pixma MX-922 scan wirelessly?

vankjeff
Enthusiast

I ask this since I just had my USB cable unplugged from my computer and I could print to this printer wirelessly but I couldn't seem to connect to it to scan using my Paperport Professional 14 and since it didn't find a scanner connected, it wanted me to set one up. The Set-up box gave me choices that are in this image of TWAIN, USB, WIA or WIA2.

I don't know much about this stuff and I just mess with things until I get them to work. This scanner is in my home and is used for just the printing wirelessly by 3 computers. I only scan from this one and with a USB cable connected, it scans just fine with it set on TWAIN: NETWORK.

So, should I try to get it to scan wirelessly to this Windows 10 and maybe even to my Windows 10 laptop or my Windows XP desktop PC?

Here's a PrintScreen taken while it was setting up: Select scanner choices while setting up a scanner wirelessly on PaperPort 14

Anyone can see this image even without a Facebook account:

[link replaced with image it links to]

26733378_1782085301821777_6654734188993073266_n.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, vankjeff!

Thanks for posting on our forum! You should be able to use your PIXMA MX922 to print and scan wirelessly.  The forum is not intended for instant help, so if this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

vankjeff
Enthusiast
Thanks. You answered my question. I just wanted to know if it is possible. I guess I can dig for the How To although if you have a link that you can give me, that would even make it easier. 🙂
Since I also asked that part about which type & included a PrintScreen of it, I was also hoping that I could learn that here.
Do you know which of the choices is the right one?
Announcements