cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I print half-size (8.5x5.5") paper with automatic feed on my MX 922?

Oldmaven
Contributor

I want to print small-format documents on half-size paper on my 1320.  Is there a way to do this from the cassette, with automatic feed, rather than hand-feeding every sheet of a 100-sheet document?  If so, which tray do I use?

And can I do it with automatic duplexing?

I'm using Win 10 Pro x64 and a USB connection

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Oldmaven,

To print on 8.5" x 5.5" sized paper, you can set a Custom paper size in the PIXMA MX922's printer driver.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Right click the Windows Start button and then left click on Control Panel.

2.  Click on Devices and Printers.

3.  Right click the Canon MX920 series and left click on Printing Preferences.

4.  Click on the Canon MX920 series Printer.

5.  Click on the Page Setup tab.

6.  Select Custom from the Page Size drop down box and enter in the size of the paper you are printing with.

7.  Click Apply and then OK.

The paper should be loaded in the lower cassette of your PIXMA MX922.

For more information, please use the following link to the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MX922:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/MX920%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-c_print_op.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Looks good -- will try it later.

did not work for me

I found setting the lower tray guide to A5 worked for me today.  Set the paper size in word and loaded the lower tray with half sheets with the guide at A5

brab
Apprentice

The instuctions posted in this reply did not work for me.  Printer will not allow me the option to print from the lower cassette for a half size sheet of paper ( or card stock)  Does not give the option to choose lower, it defaults to upper cassette for custom size paper.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The lower cassette can only be used for Letter or A4 paper sizes.  Smaller sizes would have to be loaded in the upper cassette.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements