Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Can I change the default SAVE FOLDER for scanned files?

I just picked up my new Pixma TR8500 for use with my iMac, yesterday.  I run high sierra on my mac.  

The quick access scan folder has a spot where you can specify location to save scans of different kinds.  there is a little pulldown to add a folder of your own desire there.  Great!  For my easy workflow, I like to save scans into a folder on my desktop.... not in my "PICTURES" folder where it can easily get lost amongst the thousands of items there.  

However, it doesn't seem to stick.. I would like to change the DEFAULT folder to my desktop folder... Can I do this?  Everytime I come back to it, I have to re-ADD in the folder and then choose it?  That doesn't seem right to me, and putting a scan into my photos when it may not even BE a photo is just dumb. 

Can you help me?  

canon.jpg

Product Expert

Re: Can I change the default SAVE FOLDER for scanned files?

Hi k8holmes,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.