cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Create A PDF With The Canon MX922 Scanner?

ryevick
Contributor

I have about 70 pages (printed front and back) that I need to turn into a pdf file. Can the Canon MX922 do this? I haven't used the scanner much, I'm usually just printing. If it can't create the pdf, what would be the easiest method for scanning the pages (both sides) in order and creating images?

Any links to instructions/videos would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Duplex scanning is supported.

However the ADF only support up to 35 pages at a time.

So, you will need other software if you want all 70 or so pages in a single .PDF.  Adobe Acrobat Pro or DC Pro (example) supports document redaction and will allow you to combine both scans into a single file.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ryevick
Contributor
Thank you! I have Acrobat so that's fine but I would also like the pdf to be searchable. Is that supported in the 922?

Which software should I use to create a searchable pdf? Instructions link?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ryevick,

You can use the IJ Scan Utility to scan with your PIXMA MX922.

To open the IJ Scan Utiltiy, please click on the Windows Start button and in the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.  In that folder, please click on the IJ Scan Utility.

If you are using a Mac, open your Applications folder, click on the Canon Utilities folder and then launch the IJ Scan Utiltiy.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Once open, please click the Settings button in the lower left hand corner.

2.  Click on Document Scan in the menu on the left hand side.

3.  Place a check mark next to Check Scan Results on the right side.

img2.jpg

4.  2 lines above that, click the Settings button next to "Data format".

5.  In the Settings box, please place a check next to "Create a PDF file that supports keyword search".

6.  Click OK and click OK again to return to the main screen of the IJ Scan Utility.

7.  Place the first page face down on the scan glass of your PIXMA MX922.

8.  Click the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility on your computer.

9.  When scanning is complete, flip that page over on the scanner and click "Scan" in the message that appears.

10.  Once all pages are scanned, click "Exit".

11.  In the Save window that appears, you can drag and drop the pages to change their order, you can click on a page and then use the arrows in the upper right to rotate that page, you can give the file a specific file name and specify the folder where it is saved.

When you click OK, all of the pages will be saved as a single PDF file with the name that you entered in the folder that you specified.

For more information:

(Using Windows)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

(Using OSX)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

normd
Apprentice

Patrick has an excellent, step-by-step solution to my document scanning problem! I also discovered that when the ADF runs out of pages, it will permit starting on the next section of the document, thereby scanning more than 35 pages into a PDF file.

Announcements